Last updated: 12/9/22
Christian Financial Credit Union values the privacy of our members and visitors. We take our responsibility seriously to protect your identity, as well as any information we may collect as you interact with us online.
What Information Do we Collect?
- Covers your interaction with Christian Financial Credit Union (“we”, “our,” and “us) and partners engaged by Christian Financial Credit Union to provide online services when you visit any mobile or online Site or application that we own and operate, including, but not limited to, our website (Christianfinancialcu.org) and our ChristianFCU Banking mobile app (collectively, “Sites”);
- Does not cover your interaction with websites or mobile applications that we do not own and operate, including, but not limited to, those of third parties and partner companies linked to from our Sites, which are governed under their own Privacy Policies;
- Describes types of personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) that we may collect about you when you interact with or visit our Sites;
- Describes categories of other persons or entities with whom we may share your Personal Information;
- Discloses whether other parties may collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Sites;
- Describes the way you can review and request changes to any of your Personal Information that we collect;
- Discloses how we respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other opt-out mechanisms;
- Discloses if we engage in the collection of your Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different websites;
- Describes how we protect children’s privacy; and
- Makes clear that no action on your part is needed.
We collect Personal Information only as allowed by law. Use of the internet makes it possible for other parties to collect data about your online activities over time and across different websites, including when you use our Sites. We may collect Personal Information when you enter data into forms, surveys, or applications for new products or services, or when you use our products and services. Personal Information may include your name, Member Number, home or other postal address, Social Security Number or other government-issued ID number, telephone number, and email address. Additionally, our Sites may collect other information about users who visit our site, such as your geolocation, IP address, device identifier, or access to data located on the device used to access Digital Banking, including biometric, camera, contacts, and location data.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
We may use personal information:
How Do We Collect and Use Other Information?
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- To inform you about important information regarding the Site, products or services for which you apply or may be interested in applying for, or in which you are already enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- To deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including, ads or offers tailored to you;
- To personalize your experience on the Site;
- To allow you to apply for products or services (e.g., to apply for membership, prequalify for a mortgage, apply for a credit card, or to open a deposit account or other financial product) and evaluate your eligibility for such products or services;
- To verify your identity and/or location (or the identity or location of your representative or agent) in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of account and Personal Information;
- To allow you to participate in satisfaction surveys and other forms of market research, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information about how Personal Information is used and shared;
- To allow you to use some Site financial planning tools. Information that you enter into one of these planning tools may be stored for future access and use. You have the option to delete the information;
- Collected through our social media pages and other online interactions with you to assist in verifying your identity and account status. We may combine this online information with information collected from offline sources or information we already have;
- For business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- For risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements;
- To allow you to utilize features within our Sites or Mobile Appby granting us access to information from your device when you request certain services. This may include access to data located on the device used to access Digital Banking, including biometric, camera, contacts, and location data. Users will be prompted to allow access to this data, and if access is not granted, the feature requiring that data will not be fully functional.
Other Information is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information, and aggregated and de-identified data. We and our third-party service providers may collect and use other information in a variety of ways, including:
With Whom Do We Share the Information We Collect?
- Through your browser or device: certain information is collected by most browsers and/or through your device, such as your device type, screen resolution, operating system version, and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure Sites function properly, for fraud detection and prevention, and security purposes.
- Other technologies including pixel tags, web beacons and clear GIFs: These may be used in connection with some Site pages, mobile app features and HTML-formatted email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, to compile statistics about usage and response rates, to personalize/tailor your experience with us, for fraud detection and prevention, for security purposes, and for advertising. Please see our Advertising section below for more information regarding our use of other technologies.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us online and offline, for compliance and security purposes, for advertising, and administering the Site. Please see the Advertising section below for more information.
- Location Based Information: Mobile Banking collects location data to enable push notifications even when the app is closed or not in use. It also is used to support promotional offers from the Credit Union. If you use any location-based feature of Mobile Banking, you agree that your geographic location and other Personal Information may be accessed and disclosed through Mobile Banking. If you wish to revoke access to such information, you must cease using location-based features of Mobile Banking via your device's settings.
- Google Analytics: Many websites and apps use Google services to improve their content. When they integrate Google services, these sites and apps share information with Google. Christian Financial Credit Union uses Google Analytics to better understand how users are visiting and using our sites. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit the Site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this Site. Google Analytics collects the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this Site, rather than your name or other identifying information. Christian Financial Credit Union does not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. Although Google Analytics plants a cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit the Site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. You may further review information about how Google Analytics collects and processes data and how to control the information sent to Google by reviewing ‘How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services’: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
- Personal information: When you interact with us via our website, we will not obtain Personal Information about you unless you choose to provide such information. Personal Information that we may collect about you through online interaction includes information that you provide, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number and other contact information; data resulting from your activity, such as transaction information; and limited location information (for example, a zip code to help you find a nearby ATM). We may also collect payment card information, social security numbers and driver’s license numbers when you provide such information while using the online applications on our website.
Christian Financial Credit Union advertises online (e.g., pages within our Sites and mobile app, through our social media presences, and on other sites and mobile apps not affiliated with us) and offline (e.g. in branches, through our Member Contact Center, and direct marketing). In order to understand how advertising performs, we may collect certain information on our Sites and other sites and mobile apps through our advertising service providers using cookies, IP addresses, and other technologies. The collected information may include the number of page visits, pages viewed on our Sites, search engine referrals, browsing activities over time and across other sites following your visit to one of our Sites or apps, and responses to advertisements and promotions on the Sites and on sites and apps where we advertise.
Christian Financial Credit Union uses information described in this Notice to help advertise our products and services, including prescreened offers of credit, in a variety of ways. We use such information to:
How we tailor ads:
- Present tailored ads to you including:
- Banner ads and splash ads that appear as you sign on or off of your Online accounts on our sites,
- Email and postal mail and,
- On other sites and mobile apps not affiliated with Christian Financial Credit Union;
- Analyze the effectiveness of our ads; and
- Determine whether you might be interested in new products or services
- Relationship based Advertising
In order to help make our advertising informative and useful, we may use information about your relationship with us (such as types of accounts, transactional information or preferred branches) to help determine which advertisements or offers to present to you.
2. Online Behavioral Advertising
We or our advertising service providers may use certain information about your activities on our Sites, such as pages visited and search key words entered, to help determine which of our advertisements or offers may be of interest to you. We limit access and collection of information for specific purposes by advertising service providers. We may use this online information for online and offline advertising.
3. Advertising on third party sites and mobile apps
Christian Financial Credit Union contracts with advertising companies to advertise our products and services on sites and mobile apps not affiliated with us. We may use information provided by you to these third party sites and mobile apps to select which of our advertisements or offers may appeal to you, display them to you and monitor your responses. Third Party sites and mobile apps are not subject to the Christian Financial Credit Union Privacy Notice. Please visit the individual sites and mobile apps for additional information on their data and privacy practices and opt-out policies.
4. Online Behavioral Advertising on third party sites and mobile apps
Some of our tailored ads are online behavioral advertising, and may be served using data collected by third party providers. Ads served on our behalf by these companies do not contain unencrypted Personal Information and we limit the use of information by companies that serve our ads.
5. Advertising on third party sites
We may provide links to third party sites, such as service provider partners and consumer information resources. If you follow links to sites not controlled by Christian Financial Credit Union, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of our Sites. Christian Financial Credit Union does not guarantee and is not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of their information.
6. Social media sites
Keeping Your Information Accurate
It is important that we have accurate and up-to-date information about our members. If you notice that your information is incomplete, inaccurate, or out of date, please update your information via Online Banking, contact us at 586.772.6330 or visit a branch.
How You Can Control Your Information
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of 13 who use our Sites without obtaining consent from a parent or legal guardian. To learn more about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), please visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
When you provide your sign in credentials to your Christian Financial Credit Union accounts to a third party, you will be deemed by us to have authorized all transactions or actions initiated by that third party using the access information you provided, whether or not you are aware of the specific transaction or action. If you decide to revoke the access authority you previously gave to a third party, we strongly recommend that you change your Christian Financial Credit Union password to ensure that the party cannot continue to access your account. For security and other reasons, Christian Financial Credit Union reserves the right to block or disable third-party access to any account without notice. Additional information on our digital banking terms and conditions can be found in our Online, Mobile and E-Sign Consent Agreement.
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. These measures may include Secure Socket Layer (SSL), Transport Layer Security (TLS), or a similar encryption standard technology. SSL is a security protocol for data transfer on the internet. This technology scrambles your account information as it moves between your internet-enabled device’s browser and CFCU’s computer system. This secure session helps protect the safety and confidentiality of your information when you bank with us online. We also limit access to your personal information to those who need it to do their jobs.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/privacy-laws
and see the Privacy Notice for California Residents section of this Policy by clicking here
Notice to European Users
Interruption of Service
At certain times, Christian Financial’s website, Online Banking, Mobile Banking, or other electronic services may not be available due to system maintenance or circumstances beyond our control.
Internet Access Fees and Telephone Charges
You agree to be solely responsible for any telephone or data charges, internet access fees, and other such similar fees and expenses you may incur by accessing Christian Financial Credit Union’s website, Online Banking or Mobile Banking app, including, but not limited to, text messages and alerts. Please note that these may be assessed and billed separately by your online service provider, telephone company or cellular service.
We may change our policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by appropriate means, such as by posting the revised policy on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. Any changes to our policy will become effective when posted unless indicated otherwise. Your continued use of this website constitutes your acceptance of any changes to this policy.
How Can You Contact Us Regarding Our Privacy Practices and Related Issues
If you have questions or require additional information regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at 586.772.6330 or visit one of our branch locations.